Back to Basics: Black Ankle Boots
As part of our weekly Back to Basics series, we are shining a spotlight on great wardrobe staples that are made to last. Because timeless basics are the most sustainable pieces you can buy.
Tips on Trend Led Dressing:
Pair tough boots with a pretty dress (for ideas click here) and a shearling coat for a knowing nod to this seasons 90’s trend. We also love them worn with cropped ‘Mom’ jeans and a comfy jumper.
Tips for Caring for your Black Ankle Boots:
- Deal with dirt and marks using warm soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Use a waterproofing protector spray regularly, especially on days when it rains.
- If your boots get soaked in the rain, stuff them with newspaper and leave them to thoroughly dry out near a radiator. Remember to waterproof them again before wearing.
- You can also use shoe trees to help keep the shape when you aren’t wearing them.
- A pencil eraser can be used to remove scuffs on patent leather and vegan leather.
- Regularly re sole and re heel your boots, especially if the wear is uneven. You can also ask your cobbler to use men’s soles as these tend to be thicker and last longer than ladies.
- Polish leather shoes. The polish helps to feed the leather, preventing drying and cracking. Brush off any dirt first before using separate brushes to buff the polish in and out.
Best Black Ankle Boots
Disclaimer: The people and models in the images featured are not associated with The Vendeur and do not endorse it or the products shown. This post may contain affiliate links.